The Digital Bookmobile is geared up and ready to hit the road in 2018! After taking a two month break this winter, the Digital Bookmobile (and its staff) are refreshed and enthusiastic for a great year. We’re pleased to announce that we’re starting our 2018 tour at San Leandro High School in California on Monday, February 5th. The Digital Bookmobile will then make its way down the coast of California before heading east in March.
What is the Digital Bookmobile?
A high-tech update to the traditional Bookmobile, the Digital Bookmobile is for public libraries and schools to promote their digital collection of eBooks, audiobooks and streaming video to their communities. Readers of all ages can learn about and engage with digital books at their local school or library inside the Digital Bookmobile. The traveling exhibit tours North America and contains several interactive learning stations. All Digital Bookmobile events are free to host and attend.
Digital Bookmobile Team
A mighty team of three at OverDrive work on the Digital Bookmobile tour. Digital Media Event Specialists Joe Skelley and Lauren Bajda work full time with the vehicle. Joe plans and prepares for all events while Lauren travels and executes those events. Renee Bixler, OverDrive’s Director of Marketing Services, oversees the Digital Bookmobile team. And, last but not least, we can’t forget about our fourth member, Ira Newman. He is our driver from Legacy Transportation and Logistics who is joining us for a second year on the road! We’re happy to have him back as he goes the extra mile to both drive the vehicle and educate visitors.
Follow our journey around North America as we spread reading happiness through eBooks & more. Visit our website to view the route, follow our blog for stories from the and tips, and communicate with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Flickr.
- Digital Bookmobile Hits the Road in 2018February 1, 2018
- Cheers to a Successful 2017 Tour!December 21, 2017
- Digital Bookmobile in the Golden StateDecember 14, 2017
- Top Questions About the Digital Bookmobile Answered!December 12, 2017
- Four Amazing Events in TexasDecember 4, 2017
- Top 3 Features Students Learn on the Digital BookmobileOctober 9, 2017
- One Advertising Technique to Promote Your Digital CollectionSeptember 28, 2017
- Digital Bookmobile Celebrates Canada 150September 4, 2017
- Did the Digital Bookmobile Go Inside a Building?August 17, 2017
- ADA Accessible Digital Bookmobile Empowers Patrons in Evanston, ILJuly 12, 2017